The Human Resource Intern will work with the Corporate HR team on a diverse set of projects to assist with HR initiatives. This is a summer internship opportunity and the individual will have the opportunity to achieve breadth across our HR functions – organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition, training, safety, wellness, and more! A successful candidate should possess an understanding and application of various human resource functions.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conduct new hire orientation for all hourly and salaried employees, enabling new hires to contribute in their role quicker, and to provide them with a full understanding of Dorner practices and culture.
- Screen resumes, set up candidate interviews, schedule background checks and drug tests, along with assisting with other aspects of recruiting.
- Filing, putting together new employee files, orientation packets and other administrative assignments.
- Provide improvement recommendations for the design and delivery of programs and services as well as process improvements. Projects include: new employee onboarding templates and improving internal forms & procedures.
- Assisting with special projects that may include the wellness initiative or employee activities.
- Support Corporate HR team with day-to-day responsibilities that are crucial to our operations.
- Exhibit appropriate judgment and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Help to maintain a positive, inclusive, and engaging culture.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required.
- Previous HR Co-Op, internship or work experience in a business or manufacturing setting preferred.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Must be reliable, customer service driven, flexible, and approachable!
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize project timelines.
- Maintain confidentiality.