This position is responsible for the creation and/or modification of bills-of-material and methods-of-manufacturing for all ETO (Engineered to Order) production Jobs. This includes choosing the proper raw material and machines necessary to develop routings for machined and fabricated parts. This work will be accomplished within the company’s ERP business system (Epicor). Where applicable, this individual will make decisions to substitute raw materials in order to eliminate lead-times associated with the purchase of needed raw materials.
The position will also assist in the preparation of a Job packet by generating the prints required and sequencing the operations to be performed on each Job. The position will involve having a strong working relationship with the engineers, production planners, and machinists. The position will also include working with Engineering to continuously improve handoff procedure of ETO orders.
- High school diploma or GED with some formal training in a manufacturing engineering program highly desirable.
- Knowledge of a variety of raw materials, as well as fabrication and machining processes.
- Requires a high degree of flexibility as well as the ability to solicit and receive input from every operator.
- Ability to develop solid working relationships is critical.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong blueprint reading skills.
- Familiarity with Epicor business system a plus.